Course Code: HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education Care Setting. On successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment in HLTAID001 Provide CPR, HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education Care Setting.
The course covers both the knowledge requirements and practical skills required to perform CPR on an infant, child and adult, the use of an AED, demonstration of anaphylaxis auto-injectors and asthma bronchodilator equipment (puffers and spacers), bandaging and slings and the requirements for providing an incident/injury report.
Duration and Delivery
1. 6 hours blended delivery – practical competencies completed in class plus some theory (please allow up to 8 hours to complete self-paced workbook reading, quiz questions and assessment questions);
This delivery option covers the practical assessment requirements plus further workbook theory in class. Participants are required to complete 3 theory assessments pre-course. The completed assessments must be brought to the practical workshop. Students will not be deemed competent until they have passed all theory and practical assessments.
2. 2 days full course face-to-face. All course work is completed in class.
It is a mandatory assessment requirement in all CPR/First Aid courses that participants demonstrate CPR on the floor, not on an elevated surface. To be assessed as competent in this course you must be physically capable of performing CPR on the floor. If you have an injury that limits your ability to adequately demonstrate CPR, you may attend the course and be issued a Statement of Attendance.
HLTAID004 Theory Assessment
It is a requirement in all blended delivery courses that theory assessments must be completed prior to training day. Please follow the instructions below to complete pre-course requirements.
There are three components to the theory assessment in HLTAID004. You must complete all three assessments to achieve competency in the course.
- Part 1: CPR / First Aid
- Part 2: Anaphylaxis
- Part 3: Asthma
Locate the pre-course assessments on our website as follows:
- Click the Assessments menu option, then select HLTAID004 Childcare First Aid.
- Part 1 (First Aid) of the HLTAID004 assessment will display. Complete all fields of the assessment and click “Submit”.
- Once a pass mark is achieved you will receive an Assessment Completion email. Print the email, sign the declaration and bring this with you to the course to verify that you have successfully completed Part 1 of the theory assessment.
- The email will contain a link to Part 2 (Anaphylaxis) of the assessment. Follow the link to continue with Parts 2 and 3 (Asthma) of the assessment.
- All three parts of the assessment must be completed and the signed declarations brought to class.
If after 3 attempts you have not achieved a 100% pass mark, print the assessment (press Ctrl P) and bring the assessment with you to the course. The trainer will discuss any incorrect answers in class.
The pass rate for all first aid theory assessments is 100%. Participants are required to demonstrate a clear understanding of all topics covered in the course. Ten knowledge questions will be asked in the classroom. This will help to verify your understanding of the subject and confirm that the pre-course theory assessment is your own work.
Reassessment of practical competencies:
Should assessments not be successfully completed on training day participants will be given 14 days from the date of training to successfully submit their assessment to Revive2Survive. If the assessment cannot be submitted within the time frame participants will need to attend a follow up session to be reassessed in practical competencies. Prices are listed in the Revive2Survive Schedule of Fees.